Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Can I take Ampilox DS for pus in an ear pierce wound ?

I pierced my ear to wear an ear ring two months back. Now I am having pain along with pus formation. I have tried out boroline heated along with betadine but of no avail. I have been told to take Ampilox DS. Please suggest what to do and whether I should take the medicine.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  420
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi,welcome to heath care magic forum, as your symptoms indicating towards an infection so you first take out the ring and clean the area with soap and betadine solution followed by apply a local antibiotic cream like neosporin ointment but if does not work you should start an broad spectum antibiotics after consulting an ENT specialist.
Answered: Tue, 5 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor