Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Can I sue the hospital ?

My husband had a light heart attack in nov.2007 the hospital did not do proper testing and sent him home within 3 days,my husband ended up have 4 bybass surgery in april 2008 the doctors that did his surgery said that the other hospital should have never sent him home and they can t understand why they did, my husband is only 27 years old and should have never went through something like this,my husband had 95% to 100% blockages does it look like he should sue the first hospital that he went too.please help
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  246
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
As I was told. Some heart attacks can be reversed within 24 hours. After 24 hours, the chances are getting less and less. If he has been diagnosed correctly, he MIGHT get reversed already. And at that time the vessels might not blocked up to 95% to 100% that much! I think it is very hard to sue them. They can prove in Nov 2007, tests like enzymes and ecg are negative. At that present time, he wasn't having a heart attack. The heart attack developed later or after the admission. I was sent home on the same day. Diagnosed as having an anxiety. After a few months, the echo showed I have myocardiac infarction and severe hypokinese.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor