Can I smoke while taking plavix?

Can I smoke while taking plavix?
Tue, 26 Apr 2011
hi,
thanks for choosing healthcaremagic
no,quit smoking!

In 2013 and 1 yr later, in 2014, I had a TIA. As a result, after the carotid artery check, my doctor put me on plavix 75 mg and lipitor 10 mg. My GI doctor asked me why I was on the medication, and when I told him, he suggested I could accomplish the same thing with a daily aspirin. Is that correct? Secondly, while applying to change my Medicare Supplement coverage, I was turned out because I take Plavix, which I m told is new and industry-wide. Can you advise on this issue?

Have had 4 gout attacks in 2 months. I Have had problems with several new Meds the last 2 years, and had a MI 7/31/2016 (takotsubo cardiomyopathy). I take plavix. Can I safely take allopurinol? I did ok with colchicine. But I do have a sensitive stomach. Can t take anti- inflammatories.

OK I went to my local Urgent Care Center with severe low back pain and muscle spasms. So the doc there gave me a shot of Toradol to help ease my pain to a bearable level. Then she gave me scripts for Robaxin and Toradol Tablets........My pharmacist told me this would be compared taking advil on steroids. It didn t hit me at the time but I can t take any Nsaids because I m on Pradaxa and Plavix. I also have Factor 5 clotting disorder, that is the reason I have to take the Pradaxa. Can t miss a dose of it for sure! I have had several blood clots in my left leg before I got the Factor 5 diagnosis from my hematologist. I guess getting back to my question, I have always been told not to take Nsaid type meds due to an ulcer that I had 30 years ago and being on Pradaxa. Is my pcp going to freak out when I tell him they put me on Toradol?

Recent questions on  Peripheral vascular disease

I had ct scan of abdominal aorta and iliobilatral femeral cutoff to view the arteries and legs of veins.they were unable to visalize the popeteal artery .the machine was broken and didn t tell ,e to hold my breath as I was told it would do.plus my...

My fingers have been swelling for years, I have had masectomy, melanoma ,squamous. Now my fingers started tingling about 1.5 weeks ago. Now my legs tingle sometimes, usually when I'm going to bathroom. My arms are starting to tingle a bit. I have...

what is the problem if the bottom of my feet fill like I am walking on water blisters?

Occlusive peripheral arterial disease in the subclavian artery in the left arm. Could you please give me more information. The blockage has been found at the begining of the artery leading into the arm. Can this condition cause headaches and blurred vision. What is the best treatment for this condition.

What are possible causes for repeated lblockages with peripheral artery disease? My mother had bypass surgery (with synthetic replacement materials) and within 3 months more blockages. Repeat procedure with different materials (not natural), blood thinners, and she just found out she has blockages again in the same area. What could be the cause?

My husband has had cramping of one leg for many years but now both when walking up hills, he now has one leg smaller. His father had Peripheral Vascular Disease and had one leg amputated. My husband smokes about twenty per day. His diet is good eating nuts and vegetables every night.

hi doctor, my father 67 years old and diabetic since 20 years, now his right leg two toes have been amputated due to infection. after amputation we found that he is suffering with PVD (Peripheral Vascular Disease) and has blockage in right leg. 20% blood flow is there for his right foot. his surgical wound still not cured. Every day we are dressing his wound. what is best method to treat his wound?