Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Can I resume my sexual activity?

Hello doctor, I`m 45 year old, recently I underwent CABG for my heart problem. Can I resume my sexual activity?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Nov 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  1419
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
Patients who have had bypass surgery can resume sexual activity safely after first two weeks after an uncomplicated heart attack, most people are at high risk of heart-related problems during sex as a result of a rise in the heart rate and blood pressure. However, this risk becomes much smaller by six weeks after the heart attack. Patients with complications of a heart attack, such as recurrent chest pain, abnormal heart rhythms or heart failure are at intermediate or high risk of heart-related problems during sex. People in these risk groups need further evaluation and/or treatment before attempting to have sex.
Answered: Sun, 15 Nov 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor