Can I increase the dosage of Olmesartan to treat a sudden rise in blood pressure?

Hi, I am 82 years old and have always been in good health. My blood pressure was always on the low side. I was surprised when suddenly it was high. My doctor prescribed 0lmesartin 20mg. My blood pressure is still high. can I temporarily increase the dosage until I see my doctor?
Tue, 9 Jul 2019
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello There

After going through your medical query I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that if your blood pressure is more than 150-90 continuously then you can increase the dose but is recommended for you to monitor your blood pressure for 1 week.

Hopefully this information will guide you properly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap