• question-icon

Can I impregnate my wife ?

i have done my semen test from a lab. the results are- total sperm count-9.5 million/ml, 65% are normal in shape and size & 35% are abnormal. some are globular headed with double tail. some are micro headed with long ,curly tail. some shows small headed with swollen middle piece. puscell- 10-12 /HPF epithelil cell occational R.B.C. nill after half an hour 35% are actively motile , 15% are sluggishly motile, 50% are dead
Thu, 19 Jan 2012
Welcome to Healthcare Magic

You seem to be having infection. You need to get on antibiotic treatment from advice of Urologist. Best if you do urine culture and sensitivity first to find out which medicine to correctly give. Your sperm count is less. You need to drink plenty of water. Avoid wearing tight underwear. Avoid putting laptop on the lap as increased temperature can damage sperm. Get treated for infection. Repeat Semen test after that.
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

The above result of semen analysis is Oligospermia... the sperm count normal is 20 to 60 millions / cumm of semen... but in your case it is less... the % of active sperm is also less normal is more than 65% , but yours is 35%...there is increase in the dead sperm,,.. you need to improve your health, have good diet, avoid,frequent hot baths, eat fods which contains more of vitamin E, also you can take multivitamin tabs.. only else you have good % of sperm acitve then you can become father.. or else you can opt for ZIFT,GIFT, invitro methods of fertilization... .
Hope I have answered your question..

Takecare...