Can I have renal transplant when I am on medication for HCV infection ?

i am a diabitic type two patient. I am in dyalisys patient from one year and planned to transplant bo the kidneys. at the time of bood testing i found hcv rna positive GNA TYPE 1, even thouhgh i had under gone syngle use dialiazer through the period of dialisys. I had bood trnsfusion once during the month of march 2009. I under took treatment for hcvrna . I took PEgasysy interferon 180mcg treatment . After 8 injections my level of hcv rna become negative. i took further two inejction already. Now gastronics dr. says , i have to take further 12 injections to completely eradicate the hcv rna virus frommy blood . But the nephrologysts is assuring us to go head for kidney transplantation. HOW TO GO HEAD SIR. I AM AGED ABOUR 46 YEARS. kindly suggest the case and oblige thanking you shrinivas
Wed, 25 Jan 2012