Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Can I have a torn bile duct or pinched muscle ?

Hi I was stretching my back when i felt a very strange feeling of pressure and burning that spread down to my lower abd and back up to my face . Almost like i might of torn something inside my chest . I wasnt exerting much pressure on the location just simply stretching my back It worried me and felt very strange almost terrifying I went to sleep right after. The location is right over my liver and bile duct. After i woke up it still hurt to touch but the burning has stopped. Could this be simply a pinched muscle or something much more serious like a torn bile duct. I only put about 10 15 pounds of pressure max on the spot and although it was a funky movement i m not sure it would be enough to tear anything. Prior to all this it felt as if the spot had a heart beat of its own. Im worried and really don t know if i should get this checked out or what. If i tore something i could have internal bleeding or a leak in my engine. That worries me most of all. Please help.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  109
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for query,
the cause of this pain should be evaluated as early as possible.go to ER.
Go for ECG, to rule out cardiac pain,
There is possibility of having Acute pancreatitis.
ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 4 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor