Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Can I have a baby at 37 years ?

Hi, I am 36 year old. I have 10 year old son. I wanted to have second child. I tried for it in 35th age. On 20 feb 2011 Baby died in the womb after 32nd age because of blood clot in the umblical card. The blood test showes that i donot have antiphospo.. syndome which causes blood clot. I had cesarian both the time. In the recent pregnancy i also had low laying placenta . Can I still try for second baby after a gap of 18 months? My weight is 58 KGS. My height is 4.11 inches. I had no BP and other issues.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Treja,
Welcome to HCM.
At your age having a baby does carry some risks, related to the age factor itself. In addition you are having this problem of blood clotting, so certainly there is a risk involved, but if you so badly need to have a second child I think you may take a calculated risk after consulting you doctor and after councilling. .
Answered: Wed, 8 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor