Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Can I give my 3 month old child Cefixime oral suspension for loose motion ?

is cefixime oral suspension ip for loose motion . my baby is 3 months old
Asked On : Tue, 15 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  2055
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum.
Yes, it can be prescribed for a 3 month baby for loose stools. Just give it as directed by your Doctor and take him for regular follow up.
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response
hi reynold;
welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Cefixime is a cephalosporin group antibiotic & can be used in infection when required.But it is not used in loose motions unless indicated.As your baby is 3 months old please do not use Cefixime or any other antibiotic without prescription from a Paediatrician or a qualified doctor.Hope i answered your question to your satisfaction.Any questions please ask.
take care
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor