Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Can I give Z&D syrup to my 10 month old to control loose stools ?

My 10 months old son had 8 times motion today. I ll take him to Doctor tomorrow morning. Can I give him Z&D syrup if motions continue in the night?
Asked On : Sat, 10 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1390
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response

WQelcome to HCM,

Yo can give Z&D syrup,ORS and other electral powder to prevent dehydration.

Mean while avoid to give top feeding except mother milk.

If motion does not control then you may take him to ER as there is chance of dehydration and may require IV fluids.

Ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 10 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor