Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Can I give Ragi to my son suffering from cold cough and fever?

my son is suffering from cold cough and fever is it good to give him ragi at this time?

Asked On : Wed, 28 Jul 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  2608
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Hi Maria,
Ragi can be give during cough,cold and fever..there are certain food fads and fallacies in our society but as a medical practioner we don't avoid any food stuff during cough.prevent your child from cold and consult pediatrician.
Wish u a good health.

Answered: Tue, 11 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
how many years old you are kid is?if is less than 1 year please consult doctor soon.Your son can get cold from you too while breastfeed so you too take treatment for cold and cough.
Answered: Wed, 9 Feb 2011
Anesthesiologist Dr. Shivakumar. M. C.'s  Response
Hi Maria,
Ragi malt or soup can be given to child if he is more than 6 months of age, give it in small quantity in frequent interval, and consult pediatrician for management of cold and fever
Take care
Answered: Mon, 10 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor