Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Can I give Enterogermina to my child suffering from loose motions ?

My 3 yrs old son is suffering from loose motion. Motion color is little dark side. Someone advised me to give ENTEROGERMINA. Would this be good to this medicine / syrup to him ? Please advise.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  4283
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query
Entrogermina helps restoring normal intestinal flora
It would help your child if he is not having infective diarrhea

If after 48 hours of treatment there is no response or if you find your son is dehydrated consult your doctor immediately

Hope this helps
If there are no further doubts, do accept my reply and rate it
Get Well Soon
Answered: Sun, 18 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pradeep G Naik's  Response
Dear surenderkkhatri, welcome to hcm.
Enterogermina definitely is helpful to ur son. it is available in small vials which can be given to him orally. along with that, please give him plenty of fluids orally, fresh fruit juices, soups, etc. avoid spicy, oily foods.. curdrice or idly with curds and sugar would be best. added with ORS will help in replenishing the loss of electroltyes from the body as a result of loose motion.
thank you:-)
Answered: Mon, 30 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor