Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Can I get normal vision by changing my diet ?

Hello Doctor , I am 15 years old and I have eye problems. My eyepower is LE -2.50 and RE -3.00. My eye vision is - . But all says that such power at this age is horrible. What can I do about it? The eye power is very horrible comparing with my age. So, Can t I reduce the eye powers by eating vegetables. And how far my eye vision can go? (I haven t got any other eye diseases) please describe it clearly to me.
Asked On : Fri, 6 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  261
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response
first of all donot hear what people are saying as everybody is having different skin colour and height same is with your vision ,some people have less vision that is refractive error which can be corrected by wearing glasses.refractive error is not related to age it will stabilize by age of 18-19 ,after which you can go for laser surgery or contact lenses.
Answered: Thu, 8 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to healthcare magic

At this age it is bit high power.. at the adolescent age it will be increasing, once the growth of the body stops, power of the eyes comes to a halt.. due to growth the distance between the lens and retina will be increasing.. hence power may vary.. but after around 21yrs.. only mild variation will be there.. latest LASIK surgery is there.. after the surgery you no need to wear spectacles...
Answered: Fri, 6 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor