Can I get a tattoo done while on Plavix and baby Asprin?

Hi. I am 27, weigh 125 lbs., am 5 3 . I had a stroke 2 years ago, and recently was treated for a TIA, and currently take 75mg of plavix, and a baby aspirin. My question is, would it be safe to get a tattoo? I just wanted a small butterfly on my ankle, but don t know the possible dangers and risks. Please let me know.
Sat, 26 Jun 2021

The Aspirin and Plavix will make you bleed more when you get tattooed. I do NOT recommend stopping these medications, since you have already had a stroke. It would not be a dangerous amount of bleeding however, and I think it would be safe. I would mention it to the tattoo artist as a courtesy, though.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Gerald Lee, Internal Medicine Specialist