Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Can I get a baby in one testicle ?

Hello, sir, i am suffering from undiscended testicle, ie left part of the testicle is housed at lower abdoment, right part of the testicle is in normal position(it is in scortum), my qurery is can i get a baby in one testicle...
Asked On : Sat, 6 Mar 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  714
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
First of all you must get your undescended testis in the abdomen removed surgically. This is because there is a very high chance for cancer formation in undescended testes. Please have yourself examined by a surgeon.

Secondly, you can become a father if you have only one testis. However, the sperms produced by you must be normal in number, morphology and motility.

Hope this helps.
Answered: Mon, 5 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

  Anonymous's Response

Hi, it is still possible to have children with an undescended testicle.  I had two children before having my undescended testicle removed.  I was embarrassed for the longest time and wouldnt go to the doctor to have it checked out. In some cases the testicle can be placed back in the scrotum but in my case it would not stay there so they removed it.  I would recommend having it taken care of as soon as possible. You will feel a whole lot better once it is taken care of.

Answered: Mon, 15 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi... Undescended testicles may not perform its functions normally.  Hence fertility may not be the same as in a normal person... There are about 5 to 10% reduction in the spermcount and thereby the reduction in the fertility.. These functions can improve if a surgical correction can be done.. So discuss with your surgeon...

Answered: Tue, 9 Mar 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor