Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Can I get HIV from unprotected sex with person who has had sex with another girl?

Hi...i m ganesh 21 yr old from maharashtra. Please read my query written below give answer of it... Sir/Madam i had unprotected anal sex with my friend 18 yr old on 14th feb 13 so im scared now about hiv ...i tell him to do test and he done it on 18 feb 13 result come out negative by tridot test ..i feel some comfort but then also i worried because my friend was in relationship with her girl friend he said she was virgin when he had 1st sex with her, unknown hiv +ve or -ve 18 yr old from sept 12 upto last sex on 30th january 13 without protection but when sex with her he ejaculate his semen outside the body. So can i get hiv from my friend because initially he had unprotected with his girlfriend? Please send me answer plz im waiting.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

If your friend is nonreactive for HIV on 18th February 2013, then you will not get HIV from him provided his last sexual activity was at least before 3 months. But he had his last sexual activity with his girl friend of unknown HIV status was on 30th January 2013. Ejaculation outside the vagina does not matters much.
It is better for you to have a HIV test after 15th May 2013 to ascertain yourself that you have not got infected with HIV.

Good luck to you.
Dr S.Murugan
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor