Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Can I eat normal food as my SGPT has come down to 49 ?

i am suffering from jaundis and my test report was Sr-Billburin-10.75 and SGPT-359 which is now latest pathalogical report is Sr-Billburin-1.34 and SGPT-49 i want to know that can i eat normal food.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  214
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Diabetologist 's  Response

Welcome to Healthcare magic forum,

Since ur recovering from jaundice u need to have bland and oil less diet for atleast 15 days from ur recovery so that ur liver gets enough time to restore its normal function.

Hope I have answered ur question.
Answered: Sat, 4 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
It appears that the liver damage is present but according to the latest test, there is healing taking place. Please avoid road side food and also follow proper handwashing with soap and water. Avoid eating fatty and spicy food for another 2-3 weeks atleast. Keep yourself properly hydrated. Your Bilirubin levels are still on the upper side indicating some damage is still there, don't make it worse by eating anything from outside now. Take proper Medication as advised by your Doctor.
Answered: Sat, 4 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor