Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Can I conceive at age 36 with controlled diabetes ?

I am 36 yrs old have diabeties after my first delivery at age 30. I got my first baby after infertility treatment and had metformin tablets during pregnancy(for pcod). I had cesarian during 8th month. That time also my sugar level was normal. I became diabeties only after 4months of my delivery.Now I am using metformin 500mg 2 times ,but for the past 6months my sugar level is normal. My question is whether I can concieve another one without any risk.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
hi sheena!

u can certainly do so esp if u are a well controlled diabetic . all u need to do is get some investigations done --hb/tlc/dlc/esr/ HbA1c/ urine r/m/ fasting & pp bld sugars / lh & fsh levels in fasting --- do consult a physician in person as well as your gyna dr. keep taking your anti diabetic medication now . later on during pregnancy your physician will switch you over to insulin --which is best anti diabetic of pregnancy
Answered: Mon, 27 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor