Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Can I ask a doctor to suggest a diet plan for my mcad deficiency ?

im a 14 year old guy who has mcad deficency and i want to go on a diet any diets that could help me lose weight
Asked On : Tue, 31 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  221
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Hi Dear
Here u go some advises in ur diet:
1. Never go without food for longer than 10–12 hours
2. Try Low-fat diet
3. Take daily doses of carnitine either in the form of food supplements or in natural resources as yellow vegetables e.g. carrots
4. Avoid alcohol and Smoking
5. In case of weakness or severe vomiting & loss of appetite, u should take parentral glucose to avoid crisis
Answered: Tue, 31 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor