Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Can I ask a doctor to look into the blood report and suggest the severity of high ESR ?

hey doctor my brother esr test so high 125 level start last 9 months first test is 58 then 90 ,92 and now 125 his spinal operation 28-11-2006 and cage fixation carries 7 8 he fit last 5 years and use medicine MYRIN P AND VITA 6 18 MONTHS NOW HIS CONDITION VERY BAD SO WEAK COUGH AND FEVER HB%9.3 AND MRI TEST IS CLEAR X-RAY SPINAL IS CLEAR BUT EST TEST IS INCREASE DAY BY DAY CHEAST X-RAY ALSO CLEAR CBC TEST TOTAL RBC 3.6 HCT 30 MV 82 MCH 26 MCHC 32 PLATELET COUNT 494 WBC COUNT ( TLC )9.5 NEUTROPHILS 87 LYMPHOCYTES 07 MONOCYTES06
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  153
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
Erythocyte sedimentation rate or ESR has no diagnostic value but it is used to measure prognostic value.
High value then normal indicates presence of disease but its rising value indicates that the disease is increasing while compared to previous low value indicates that the disease is under control.

It is some times found higher in tuberculous infection but as in your case Lymphocyte shows only &7% indicate presence of Tuberculous infection is under control.
The use of Myrin P should be supervised by a physician .
Answered: Sat, 11 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor