Can I ask a doctor to clarify if RVT negative means HIV negative ?

i went for hiv test in a reputed state owned hospital in north east state of india. After waiting for almost 2 hours i received my report. But in report it has mentioned (serology) RVT negative. I am very confused since i was tested for hiv but nothing like it has been mentioned. I approached the doctor and he assured me that RTV and HIV both are same and you are confirmed hiv negative. Dear doctor due to my overconcious nature i still cannot believe that both the words are same. PLs doctor clarify me about the authentisity of the both words. Is it true that i am hiv negative because i have negative RVT and what actually is RVT? from neveto akhumi 25 yrs
Fri, 20 Apr 2012