Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Can I ask a doctor to check the blood report of the 3 month old and suggest treatment ?

Hi, Feamle child age 3 months, Blood report Hemoglbin 5.5gm, PCV 17.6, RBC 2.85 *10^uL, MCV 61.80, MCH 19.30, RDW-CV 27 fL, Neutrophils 23, Lymphocytes 72, Platelet count 0000. Biochemical Test Bilrubin(Total) serum 5 mg/dl, Billribin(Direct) serum 1.9 mg/dl, Billribin(indirect) 3.10 mg/dl, SGPT/ALT 27.84 U/L Reticulocyte count 6.5% Kindly guide what the actual problem is, how serious it is and the mode of treatment.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das

Look, the hemoglobin is very low with low MCV and MCH value indicating a microcytic hypochromic anemia. Now, this type of features are seen in many abnormal hemoglobin patterns. So, HPLC study of hemoglobin should be done after 6 months of age.

Apart from this, there is jaundice. For this, you have to consult with a pediatrician for clinical correlation.
Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor