Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Can I ask a doctor to check if my medicines for hypertension & Type 2 diabetes must be changed as BP is now under control ?

i am 50 years MALE. Suffering from Hypertention for last 20 years. Systolic BP was always 200 & diastolic remained 110. For last two years i am taking Nebicard H- 1 OD, S- Numelo 5- 1 OD, Telma 80- 1 OD. BP is now under control. Height 172 cm. weight 72 kg. In spite of not taking S Numelo 5 for last 3 months, my BP is under control . I am diabetic also.For last six months I am taking carbophage SR 500. Now fasting BLOOD SUGAR is 113. but 2 hours after lunch is always 195 to 210. I have got glucometer at my home.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  112
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HealthCareMagic

If the BP is under control by taking the above medications then you can continue the same. the normal range of BP of systolic between 100 to 140 and diastolic between 60 to 90 mmg Hg.. The blood sugar FBS 113/dl is also under control, in case of diabetes patient...hence continue the same... but you need to get BP and blood glucose checked at least once a month..Hope I have answered your question..

Answered: Fri, 15 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor