Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Can I ask a doctor for help to check if my medications are correct to stop hair loss ?

Hello, I am Mrs. A. H. Shah. I am 28 years old. I have disease named SLE . I am suffering from it since 2002. Right now I am taking treatment from Rheumetologist. She advised me to take one Defcort 6 and one Shelcol-OS daily. For last 5 months I am suffering from lot of hair fall. I consulted to my doctor and she advised me to take cap Vitcofol daily. Is she right? What other things should I do to stop my hair fall immidietly? Please suggest my and show me the proper way. Thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  138
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
hi welcome,
vicofol is for iron deficiency anemia
to get treat the SLE disorder better will be ayurveda or homeopathy, since these disorder are due to autoimmune disorders.
you try for it
or write to me in details
thanking you
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
u are taking steroid daily
so there is hair fall
there is no remedy to stop it immediately
u must to wait for 1 month to get reault
vitcofol has minor role and will not help u
u need to take biotin taab likt TAB KERAGLOW FORTE
apply minoxidil 2% lotion twice a day
eat high protein diet
better to consult dermatologist
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor