Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Can I ask a doctor about treatment for correction of squint eyes ?

hi i am 30 year old ,i have squinting eye not in one direction only it is in all direction.i feel shame when people say me that u have not good eye i am 30 year old women.i have just 20% vision in my right eye.when i was just14 year old i was operated for reduce eye numbers later on they decided i have amplopic eye since birth ........... now i have squinting eye problem.normally my eye looks normal but it is moving in all direction i cant concentrate on one object.i feel shame when people told me that u dont have good eye........plz answer my question i am really in trouble. some time i think that it was really good if god wasnt giving me this eye..
Asked On : Wed, 16 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  108
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
From the history, we get some idea about eye condition. Ideally I should see you. It might be squint or nystagmus. If its squint one can do surgery to make it slightly better cosmetically. At least it may get less deviated that what you have now. As you have said that there is amblyopia, we will have to keep on observing even after surgery to monitor whether its remaining straight or starts squinting again. Amblyopic eyes tend to develop squint. We have to see whether you need glass power. Fundus examination is a must to rule out any other eye disease.
Answered: Tue, 31 Jan 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care majic.Pl.see a orbital surgeon in your city who will help with this.Some times some exercises and surgery helps with this.So see one.
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor