Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Can I ask a doctor about my liver blood tests ?

my SGPT is 67U/l and SGOT is 51 U /l gamma GT 60 U/l i am so happy that u on the line
Asked On : Sat, 11 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Raised liver enzymes mean some liver damage and must be explored.Causes for raised liver enzymes can be Diabetes..excessive alcohol..viral hepatitis..obesity ....autoimmune disorders of liver and bile ducts...increased triglyceride levels...use of anti lipids,some antibiotics,anti seizures,some NSAIDS etc...tumors of liver or bile duct etc.Tests recommended for diagnosis are LFT's,ultrasound abdomen,MRI,CT scan and liver biopsy.Consult a Gastroenterologist for the management.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Sat, 11 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor