Can HPT give a false result ?

is it possible to get positive pregnancy test results using a home testing kit but when in actual sense yur not pregnant
Mon, 25 Apr 2011
Hi
Welcome to HealthareMagic.

There are chances of home pregnancy test being positive even when you re not pregnant.It could be due to improper testing or medications or hormonal imbalance.

General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear thanks for your query.Yes, at times false positive result can come.The possible reasons could some hormonal tablets taken,test not done properly,test kit damaged etc.But in the event of missed period with positive test you need to be careful.Buy and take care.