Can Combiflam be taken during pregnancy?

Hi ,
My Gynecologist prescribed me Combiflame due to the spasm in my pelvis area which occurred after my Level 2 ultrasound. I asked her thrice is it safe to consume and she gave me assurance that if consumed once or twice it is perfectly safe. I am 5 months pregnant. little worried. kindly advise.Is it really safe??
Mon, 18 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Combiflame contains paracetamol and ibuprofen. Paracetamol is safe during pregnancy but effect of ibuprofen is not clear during pregnancy. It might affect the growing child. Although 1-2 off doses may not affect you or your child. In my opinion it is better to avoid Ibuprofen.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.