Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Can Bonnisan be given to a nine moth old baby?

Hello Doctor, My kid is about 9months and girl baby, can i give bonnisan which is recommended by local doctor in Chennai. When do we need to give this water after feeding or before feeding. Earlier we used to give Colic Aid drops which is again described by another doctor from the date of birth. Now our confusion is that can we start giving Bonnesan now? if yes, how to do feed her? The reason is that sometimes she is not taking full milk of Nan or other items...she is taking only limited and weight also not increasing.. Could you give us a feedback on this and this will be more helpful for us to take care our kind. Thanks Best Regards, Latha
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  771
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Cardiology 's  Response
Hello Latha
Thanks for the query
My answer is yes, you can start Bonnisan for your baby. Give her 2.5 ml twice a day for 2-3 weeks. It is an Himalaya product and there are so many studies suggesting its role in better growth and for relief of abdominal discomfort. As she is of 9 months now you should not be dependent on breast milk or formula feed like Nan only. What I mean to say start complementary feeding like rice, porridge, dalia, dal ka pani, smashed potato, banana etc. What you should take care of is to start with one by one like first with rice and then wheat, then pulses and then egg and fish. So that you can be able to identify if there is any intolerance or allergy and the substance causing it.
You have not mentioned the weight of your baby but just check out if it is 2.5 times of birth weight then no need to worry.
I hope this answers your query well
Wish you and your family good health
With regards
Answered: Sat, 22 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Nasir Mohammed's  Response
Hello there,
It is important to know that Bonnesan has been given traditionally to babies to aid absorption and treat infantile colic though there is no concrete evidence to prove the same.
ColicAid drops primarily eliminate colic caused due to excessive gas in stomach. If you baby is not feeding adequately it does not mean that she has digestive problems or colic. Have you been burping the baby well after every feed ? Does she sleep adequately between feeds, at least a couple of hours? The type of food you are giving her apart from milk is also important. So so let me know these facts first.
Answered: Wed, 19 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Radiologist Dr. Ganesh Sanap's  Response
Hi welcome to HCM
Bonnisan and colic are nearly same drug to avoid abdominal pain in babies. You can give it but you have to start proper feeding to baby.
After 6 month of age you should start to feed her with rice water, dal chaval etc. and stop breast feeding gradually over 4 month.
At the age of 9, she must take food orally, dont give bottle molk at all.
Consult your paeditician , he will plan diet according to baby weight and health.
Thanking you.
Answered: Wed, 19 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor