Can Betnesol forte be used to treat vitiligo?

I was suffering from vitiligo(unstable) since 6 months and consulted series of doctors. they suggested different kind of medicines but no use it is spreading over the time. First I used two months patchex and zecort-6 and one more tablet, and tacrolimus ointment 0.1%w/w and CLONATE-F cream to use daily. another doctor prescribed betnesol-forte and pantop tablets by this medicine cure it , Is there any side affects with betnesol-forte. thanking you.
Tue, 27 Oct 2015
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear ,

As per your query you have condition known as vitiligo since 6 month and tried many medicines . Well Vitiligo is a disease that causes the loss of skin color in blotches. It occurs when melanin forming cells die or stop producing melanin usually immune system attacks and destroys the melanocytes in the skin . Betnesol forte contain betamathasone ,which is a corticosteroid. It works by modifying the body's immune response to various conditions and decreasing inflammation. There are side effects of betamathasone, but you can use it with doctor's prescriptions an it is effective in treating vitiligo . There are other treatment options ,which you can also adopt with doctors advice to treat the condition like vitamin D , pimecrolimus and treatment combines a drug called psoralen with light therapy (photochemotherapy) to return color to the light patches ,which uses UV rays . Consult your doctor or dermatologist and discuss above treatment options .

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Get Well Soon.
Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari