Can Bacillus Clausii be taken for constipation while suffering from diabetes and kidney failure?

Dear sir, My mother is suffering from stomach constipation from long times. she take more medicine. but there is no good result, problem persists. She is 70 year old; She is diabetic and she has an early renal failureI. Can i give her bacillus clausii enterogermina 5 ML ? Best regards.
Mon, 18 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Usually probiotics helps in replacing the gut flora in antibiotic induced diarrhea or infections diarrhea. Less useful in constipation unless you're suffering from IBS-C variety. Take high fiber diet and do regular exercise with plenty of water is useful. Benefiber or Metamucil fiber is useful in bulk formation of stools.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.