• question-icon

Can Amoxillin 500mg, Klacid 500mg, KLAVOX 625mg can all be taken together?

hi Dr. Im asthmatic and 5 days ago i got too much pain in my chest when i cough... 1st Dr. prescribed Amoxillin 500mg ... no changes... 2nd Dr. Prescribed Klacid 500mg ... light changes, a bit better 3rd Dr. now prescribed KLAVOX 625mg ... but i didnt take yet ..... im afraid with all this mix.... please advise
Wed, 20 Nov 2019
Diabetologist 's  Response
Seems like you are changing consultation too often. Though you have every right to do it, your responsibility also includes making the next consultant aware of your present medications.
In you case, both amoxicillin and klavox need not be taken together. As klavox is a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. But if you have already finished the course of amoxicillin, you can take klavox as prescribed by your consultant.
Without further details about your severity of the infection, I am unable to comment whether klacid should also be combined.
My advice for you will be to continue Klavox for the duration prescribed. If you haven’t finished your klacid, please check with your consultant on it.
Hope the above info helps you. Thanks.