Can Amitriptyline Alphapharm be taken for treatment of neuralgia?

I have neuralgia in the right side of my face. Dr has prescribed Amitriptyline Alphapharm which I have read online that it is for treatment of depression. I do not feel depressed however do suffer from anxiety. I am allergic to carbon. Am I right in assuming this is not the right medication for treating Neuralgia. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question Leslie Tolar
Tue, 23 Jul 2019

Amitriptyline and alike drugs are used in neuralgic pain. It will also help in your anxiety symptoms. Please take it as prescribed by your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shubham Mehta, Psychiatrist