Can Ambien cause elevated HCG levels?

Can Ambien cause HCG levels to raise to cause a false positive on a home pregnancy test? I took an ambien a couple of nights ago, and one a few nights before that. Today I took two home pregnancy tests and both are positive. My period is late, but this is not uncommon.
Fri, 29 Jun 2018
Hello and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

No, Ambien does not give a false positive pregnancy test.
Most probably you are pregnant after doing 2 pregnancy tests. They are very accurate in general, and the possibility for a false positive test is very low.

Consider seeing next a local gynecologist to do a blood test so you can measure the levels of HCG in the blood too and confirm the pregnancy 100%.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Kind regards,
Dr. Papaqako