Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Can Alziemer's disease be cured or be controlled ?

My mother, who s 80 year old now, has serious shorttime memory loss for the last 2-3 years. Of late, her behaviour is becoming intolerable. Its becoming increasingly difficult to manage. I am at wits end. I doubt this tobe alziemers disease. Can this be cured, or at least, be controlled ?
Asked On : Tue, 21 Jun 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  257
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
it seem s to be dementia , but exact which type that need investigation.
Now for treatment you should consult a specialist because there is treatment available for Behavioral problem (can be controlled) and also to reduce further deterioration of dementia.
Answered: Tue, 21 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
Thanks for using health care magic,

AYurvedic treatments are very effective in such conditions

details of same on
Answered: Wed, 22 Jun 2011
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Yes, It is possible she is developing Alzheimers disease. You also need to consider what medication she is on as they can also cause the same. See that she is guided well around the house to prevent falls. You need to consult a Neurologist who will be able to put her on medication to improve her but the best comes from her family's support.
Answered: Tue, 21 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
wel come to HCM,
read your prob, such type of condition appear due to shriankag of brain, or age related atrophy of brain. in this stage patient never forget the things which are happen long yr before , lost her recent memory. we cant stop prograssion of diease at this stage.
you should give her emotional support n tell her every things so that you can reduse the symptoms.
Dr aseem 9982583020
Answered: Tue, 21 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor