Can Advil or Ibuprofen be taken after Imitrex intake to manage severe migraine?

I have a question I have chronic migraines and today I have one beyond horrible. I was prescribed Imitrex and I did take one at 2:30 my time and the migraine has not subsided. I cannot take a 2nd dose of Imitrex for two hour after the first dose. Am i able to take anything in between such as Advil, Ibuprofen, or acetaminophen dosages of Imitrex?
Wed, 18 Jul 2018
Neurologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It is possible to take Ibuprofen or acetaminophen combined with Imitrex, they have no interactions between them and different mechanisms of action. So you can do that for this time. It is not something which is advised regularly though, taking too many medications regularly can be the cause of what is called medication overuse headache.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.