Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Calcium buildup on head after hitting head a long time ago...

Calcium buildup on head after hitting head a long time ago. What should I do? I think I have a calcium build up on my head. Just like this picture: But 1.5 times as big as that bump. Anyways I hit my head 1 year ago, and I got a bump that has not disappeared yet and it's semi-hard so I'm guessing it's bone. How can I get rid of it? The only way I can get rid of it temporarily is when I did headstands on the pool with my head. I stand in 3 feet deep water and then do a headstand and I focus my weight on the bump. It pushes the bump and the bump becomeS INVISIBLE for 1 day. But when I rest and wake up next day it goes back to its regular size and hardens again.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Aug 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  1692
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response

the bump you have may be a clot which would have calcified eventually.
avoid putting weight on the bump.
the best way to resolve this would be to remove it surgically,
even cosmetically it is better.
but however i would advise you to meet a physician to rule out other causes of a swelling.
i hope i have answered your query.
take care and contact us at HCM in case of further query
Answered: Fri, 2 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor