Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Calcium Carbonate Stones in MPD, Is there any alternative medicine ?

Hi, I am 38 years old and suffering from Diabetes since last 4 years. Few months ago, I got sever pain in abdomen and on undergoing ultra sound exam I came to know that I have stones in Main Pancreatic Duct (10mm, 9mm). On getting pain attack recently, I undergone stenting in Main Pancreatic Duct. But stone couldn't be extracted out due to large size. Please advice how stones can be removed now. Is there any alternative medicine by which stones can be dissovled slowly.
Asked On : Thu, 16 Sep 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  227
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. you haven't mentioned about your cholesterol level (Lipid profile), or any history of attacks of pancreatitis?
2. any history of alcohol addiction, hyperthyroidism?
3. because the stone blocks the pancreatic duct, the pancreas loses its ability to release digestive enzymes and the secretion of hormones which regulate blood sugar level can also be affected, and this can be one of the cause of your DIABETES!
4. because size of stone is less than 1 cm, you can consult with your health care provider about ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography), or for Lithotripsy.
5. for stone you have to go for ERCP, and regarding high blood sugar level, Ayurveda drug "HYPONIDD" has promising and anti diabetic action.
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
Ayurveda has succesful treatment with the condition. please continue your therapy for sugar level control and has to take some herbal medicine for your kidney stones.
There are some preparation from Gokhshura, punarnava, Barun etc
Like products Tab Cystone, Pathrina, Harjulyahud Bhasma has lithotripsy action
Continue excess intake of water
Answered: Mon, 28 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Noorin Saba's  Response
Hi, i have seen many pts of diab.and these pts the main problem is fluctuating sugar levels and indigestions.according to unani system of medicine ur whole body should be under assesment.i mean all sign n symptoms.then one can tell which herb will work on ur body better contact nearest hakeem or ved.
Answered: Tue, 2 Nov 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor