Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Calcified granuloma in right upper lobe. Non calcified nodules in left upper, right middle, right upper lobes. Indications?

i recvd medical report today ..says there is a 2mm calcified granulom in left upper lobe. there is 3mm non-calcified nodule in the left upper lobe. there is a 4mm non-calcified nodule in right middle lobe there are two non-calcified nodule in the right upper lobe measuring 5 and 7 mm. in a nutshell what does this mean to me? thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  1346
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response

Calcified granuloma indicates healed granuloma. These calcified granuloma are present in left upper lobe of lung .Most common cause for this is old tuberculosis of lung

Non calcified nodule are present in R) upper lobe and middle lobule.You require sputum analysis for AFB to rule out reactivation of TB.

Consult chest physician for further plan and treatment
Answered: Wed, 12 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor