Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

CT scan shows solid nodule on left adrenal gland. Should I go for another washout image ?

In 2010 I had a CT scan . The finding indicated on my left adrenal gland a 19 mm solid nodule measuring 61 HU. Should I request a washout image since it has not yet been performed? In addition to this inquiry should I also request functionality of my left adrenal gland be determined biochemically? Sorry I did not realize this site requires a nominal fee. Sorry for wasting your precious time. Have a great day.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
You can get your adrenal nodule assessed for change in size through an ultrasound scan. This is convenient, less expensive and radiation free.

I strongly suggest you talk to a radiologist and discuss your 2010 reports with him in detail along with any blood tests.
If ultrasound is in conclusive then a CT scan can be thought about with wash out imaging.

Hope this helps.
Dr Anjana Rao
Answered: Fri, 21 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor