Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

CT scan after a stroke showing chronic infracts in the right lentiform nucleus. Coronary angiogram advised. Need help in lifestyle change and treatment

I have a friend 44 years old, male, 73 kgs., had a stroke way back 2007 but was not hospitalized. Now, had a recent ct scan and was diagnosed as having chronic infracts in the right lentiform nucleus and left external capsule. He was given 7 medications but was advised to undergo coronary angiogram. From time to time he is suffering severe headache and had a difficulty swallowing also and his speech is sometimes hard to understand. Please advise on the treatment and lifestyle and diet to have. Thanks...
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Neurologist 's  Response
Hi ,
Based on your notes it appears that your friend had stroke that is ischemic stroke and on 7 medication.If your doctor has told regarding coronary angiogram ,it has to be done,.Regarding headache can be due to any reason (brain fresh stroke, drugs like sorbitrates prescribed in ischemic heart disease,uncontrolled BP) He need to be examined by neurologist and requires repeat CT scan brain or MRI brain.Also requires speech therapy ,rehabilitation ,low cholesterol diet, fibre rich diet, fluids plenty and avoid smoking and alcohol
Best wishes
Dr Sandhya manorenj
Answered: Sun, 21 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor