Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

CBC test showed leukocytosis, high lymphocyte count. Chest X-ray showed unfolded aorta. Ultrasound detected fatty liver. Conclusion?

my father is 66yrs and he carried CBC test which showed leukocytosis 33% and the lymphocyte count was high 80%.a hematologist asked him to perform alot of lab, xray and ultrasound investigations and the results as follow: lab test: leukocyctosis( lymphocytosis), low LDH 84, CRP 24, ESR was little high. Chest x ray: clear both lung fields and costophrenic angles, normal cardiac size and configuration, unfolded aorta with prominent knuckle and mild dorsal spondylosis . Axillary, neck, abdomen and groins ULS showed: Fatty liver, gall bladder tiny calculus, Bilateral inguinal enlarged inflammatory lymph node were noted, enlarged subcentimetric suspecious cervical lymph nodes, right sumandibular inflammatory lymph node, diffuse goiter with a right thyroid solid hyperchoic nodule and billateral axillary enlarged inflammatory lymh nodes.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  291
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hi musallam, those are lots of tests and in them the abnormality that I detect is that there is generalised lymphadenopathy with leucocytosis and lymphocytosis meaning that there are more than normal number of enlarged lymph nodes and the white cell component of the blood is increased with a particular increase in the lymphocye component. Also thyroid having a solid nodule is not a good sign. You need to get an FNAC or fine needle aspiration cytology of the lymph nodes and the thyroid nodule as it will guide us to the cause. It may be nothing or it could be indicative of something more serious which will be decided only after these tests are done and there reports. Your father's condition is not something which can be overlooked and I strongly suggest you to go ahead and get him thoroughly investigated for the underlying cause. Take care!
Answered: Thu, 19 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor