Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

CAn I take amlong tablet as I suspect that I am having diabetes ?

Hi Doctor , I have been suffering from muscle spasms for over a month. My BP was 170/110 but my thyroid, liver and cholesterol tests are all normal. My GP has prescribed AMLONG tablets 1 per day fr a week. I am overweight and think I might have diabetes . I m 36 years old, Female and never experienced such problems before.
Asked On : Sun, 29 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  295
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,Mary Lou,
Thanks for query,
As you say you are overweight so go for blood sugar,fasting and PPBS.
In diabetes this type of problem is there,
Reduce your weight,by reduction of wt your half problem will be solved.
If you are not doing regular exercise you may get sprain,spasm etc often.
Go for walking,running,swimming exercise.
Take good brand of calcium,Vit B1,B6,B12.tablets.
ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 29 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor