Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

C-section delivery, vaginal bleeding, blood clots. Taken depo shot, blood transfusion done. Tests for clotting, blood count normal. Treatment?

I just had my fourth csection 4 weeks ago and to the date i had severe vaginal bleeding . It was so bad i bled through my pad underwear shorts and all over the floor in a matter of 30 seconds. I called an ambulance and went to the E.R. There they tested clotting and blood count plus a pregnancy test, all came back normal. After i had my csection my doctor told me another pregnancy would be life threatning. i was unable to have a tubal because of scar tissue , and she said my uterus was attached to my abdominal wall , so that set my tubes back. I had a blood transfusion and took 4 pints after surgery and got a depo shot before i left the hospital. Bleeding was normal until the other night. I had HUGE clots the size of an apple. then after a couple hours and E.R. telling me it was normal i went home and all was well. Last night, it started again. Not as severe, with some clots but none nearly as big. It was very thick, like syrup in consistency. And again today, back to normal. I know i need to go see my doctor, until then any ideas of what could cause it?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,     
I am Dr Nilajkumar a consultant gynecologist and I will be helping you in your queries.

There are a few possible reasons for the bleed.
1. depo shot: they cause irregular periods and usually cause absent menses. In some females however they may cause heavy bleeding.
2. Bleeding for scar site: rare. Associated with bleeding from the time of c section.
3. presence of placental tissue inside the uterus: retained bit of soft tissue may cause heavy bleeding. They can be removed by a procedure called dilatation and curettage.
An ultrasound of the pelvis is important as bits of tissue may be seen inside.

Do not worry as all the causes are treatable. Just see your doctor and get investigated for the cause.

Hope this was helpful.
Feel free to ask any further queries and I will be happy to help.
Thanks for using HCM.
Have a good day.
Dr Nilajkumar Bagde          
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynecology
Answered: Tue, 1 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor