Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Bypass surgery, blocked artery, water collected in lungs, insufficient blood supply, advised to take water, carnitor,not available. Substitute with carnisure?

my father 72 yrs old was operated for bypass surgery 6 months back, there were three artery blocked. He was operated as suddenly some water collected in his lungs due to insufficient blood supply beacause of artery blockage. After surgery he is been advice to take only 4-5 lits of liquid including water. Now he has been prescribe Carnitor, locally Carnitor is not available and Carnisure is available, can he take carnisure? pls advice.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare Magic,

Carnisure and Carnitor contains same drug molecule known as L-carnitine. which comes in 500mg dose , so you can take either of it, depepnding on availability at your location.

If you have any further doubts come on premium question forum.
Answered: Mon, 22 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor