Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

By taking what medicine can I get rid of malaria permanently ?

I am getting malaria frequently. In past I have got malaria falciperum positive with Rapid malaria antigen. Since I am not getting permanent relief I want to get it tested again. I wanna know that if I have both vivax and falciperum (or any other type) which test can tell that? Will the above mentioned test work for finding both? Which is the best test to find everything about malaria infection?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  135
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear,thanks for query.Please complete course of antimalarial drugs as prescribed by your doctor.In some cases like vivax malaria you need to take radical treatment to prevent recurrence after completion of drugs.Normally peripheral blood smear is able to diagnose any kind of malaria.Some special test like thick slide,card test ,Q.B.C. are sometimes advised.please get in touch with your doctor.bye.
Answered: Mon, 2 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor