Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Buzzing sound in my left ear and there are 2 holes in eardrum

i m 19yrs old.i was suffering from otomycosis ,but the infection has settled down now.My ENT doctor said that there are 2 holes in eardrum , 1 of which has cured on its own whereas the other 1 has increased in size.Now i m hearing buzzing sound in the same ear.Is everything fine or should i consult my ENT doctor.
Asked On : Fri, 6 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  214
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
ENT Specialist 's  Response
The perforation in your eardrum indicates infection of the middle ear.
Keep your ears dry; in many cases if the perforation is small, it heals with time.
Avoid exposure to cold.
Eardrum perforation causes hearing loss and buzzing sound in the ear(called tinnitus).
Consult an ENT Specialist. He will get an X-Ray of mastoid and routine blood tests done.
If the bony part of your ear's normal, it will soon gets resolved.
If its infected, he/she'll start treatment.
And don't you worry, it gets cured.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 14 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
u have tinnitus.
it may be due to healing or infection.
u need to consult ent doctor
u ca take tab CPM three times a day.its very effective
drink more water
Answered: Fri, 6 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
If the holes in the eardrum is due to a trauma, it will usually heal by itself until any infection intervenes the healing process. The noise in the ear is because of flow of the air into the middle ear through the perforation. Avoid water getting into the ear and consult your doctor immediately if you get flu.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Sat, 7 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor