Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Butt has a red lump. Why is hurting? Is it a spider bite?

I have this red lump about the size of a nickel or a little bigger on the right side of my butt, where my crack is. I noticed from last that it has gotten a lot bigger and is hurting a lot more then it did yesterday. I don t know if it could be a spider bite or from my underwear rubbing, which i do wear thongs, but I am starting to get concerned. I tried to get it to pop but it just seems as though a clear liquid comes out but when I tried to pop it, it just got hard. I have experienced red bumps before but not where this one is, but more-so on my butt cheek. I just figured they were ingrown hairs or something and they don t usually hurt and they have never gotten this big or red. I just wanted to know if I need to go see a doctor or what can be causing this. There are brown recluse and black widows around my part of the country.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
It appears that you are developing with folliculitis.The most important and important and the only precaution you must follow is not to touch, pinch pop or squeeze any of them other wise it can get infected and can cause complications. You are kindly take a good antibiotic which you should take as a complete course of 7 days.
Answered: Fri, 27 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor