Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Burnt inside corner of eye lid from melted plastic, suggest me remedy for it

my husband was cutting plastic, yesterday at 2pm, with a dremmel tool and a piece of melted plastic canted on his eye. the plastic stuck to his eye and he had to peel it off, peeling skin away with it. he still has pain where the burn is and it has already blistered and popped. there is a constant liquid oozing from the wound and it looks like it burnt really deep into his skin. my quesiton is, can he wait til morning to go to the doctor or does he need to go now? it's midnite and he wants to go to bed but i'm paranoid that he's gonna get an eye infection. i read that those can do a lot of damage really fast.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Mar 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  728
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. If the wound in directly on the eye, get to the doctor immediately.. However a small burn over the eyelid would not cause major problems in a day.. He would need an topical antibiotics and that can wait till the morning...

Answered: Fri, 9 Apr 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Radhika Thyagaraju's  Response
he is having intial stages of infection. I would advise you to call your emergency number immediately. Also i would advise you to take a shot of tetanus toxoid with immunoglobulins if needed depending on the would if not taken before in last 5 years. I hope i have answered your query. Take care
Answered: Sat, 26 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor